The Richmond Agricultural Society is offering two packages for your Canada 150th, 2017 weekend getaway.
Package (5 night stay)
Arrive on Thursday, June 29 and enjoy five nights of fireworks, festivities and fun before departing on Tuesday July 4. (In surrounding area)
Package (3 night stay)
A shorter stay centered on the Canada Day weekend. Arrive on Friday June 30, just in time for the big event and enjoy three amazing nights before departing on Monday July 3. (In surrounding area)
Your package includes:
- 20 acres of grass grounds
- Water and hydro services
- Waste dumping station
- Picnic Table Area
- Friday and Saturday Morning: Continental Breakfast
- Friday Evening: Live Entertainment
- Onsite Supervisor 24/7
- Onsite Security
||Early Bird Registration
(Feb 01 - Mar 31)
(Apr 01 - June 08)
Prices Include Taxes
*Regular RV: Up to 33 feet long, including tongue and slide-outs/flip-outs
** Long RV: Longer than 33 feet long, including tongue and slide-outs/flip-outs
RVs are defined as motor homes, truck campers, fifth wheel trailers, travel trailers
and pop-up trailers.
RV Camping Site Details
- All RV camping sites are for one RV or one trailer/vehicle combo.
- Each site can accommodate 6 people in the RV/trailer.
- No sleeping tents allowed.
- Recreational vehicle fees are based on the length of the vehicle, with the higher fee charged to vehicles over 33 feet in length.
- Sites are assigned upon arrival. If you wish to camp beside another person, you MUST contact Richmond Agricultural Society representatives in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Passenger vehicles must be detached from the towed unit if the two together exceed the length of the assigned site.
- Each RV must be parked as instructed by the Richmond Agricultural Society representatives.
- Campers must respect the boundaries of the site assigned to them in order to avoid obstructing roads and pathways. The RV or trailer/vehicle and any equipment must stay within the site boundaries.
- Generators may be used only between the hours of 6 a.m. and 11 p.m.
Tent Camping Site details
- Tent site packages include registration for one vehicle and up to 4 people per site.
- Sites are assigned upon arrival.
- If you wish to camp beside another person, you MUST contact Richmond Agricultural Society representatives in advance (email@example.com).
- Campers must respect the boundaries of the site assigned to them in order to avoid obstructing roads and pathways. Tents and any equipment must not protrude beyond the site boundaries.
What to Bring
In addition to your luggage and camping gear, folding chairs are recommended. Campers should be aware that camp sites include picnic tables. Some sites may have lighting in the evening but campers should bring flashlights to light their way to washrooms.
Code of Conduct
Campers hereby agree:
- To comply with the Terms and Conditions for Camping as well as all applicable Richmond Agricultural Society by-laws, policies and procedures during the use of Richmond Agricultural Society facilities, Also City By-Laws that prohibit smoking and the discharge of firearms, the Noise By-Law, the Open Air Fire By-Laws.
- To behave respectfully and appropriately towards Richmond Agricultural Society Staff and other Campers during their stay
Alcohol may not be consumed in common areas or Richmond Agricultural Society facilities.
The Registrant must be at least 18 years of age.
The Registrant cannot transfer or assign their spot to another individual without prior authorization in writing from the Richmond Agricultural Society.
It is the Registrant’s responsibility to ensure that all members of his or her party are aware of and abide by these Terms and Conditions.
Permission to use Richmond Agricultural Society facilities/premises in no way constitutes approval to engage in any unlawful activity or conduct in a manner that would violate any Federal or Provincial laws or Municipal By-laws.
Check-in and Check-out
Check-in time is after 10 am on the day of arrival.
Check-out time is before noon on the day of departure.
The Registrant must be physically present at check-in and check-out. During their stay, the Registrant must provide a copy of their registration receipt if asked by a Richmond Agricultural Society representative.
Campers must vacate the premises and remove all personal belongings at the end of the camping period. Richmond Agricultural Society facilities and property must be returned to their original condition at the end of the camping period.
The Registrant must ensure that all garbage and recyclable materials are disposed of in designated containers on site. Tent campers must dispose of grey water in the central dumping station
RV grey and black water must be disposed of safely at designated on-site waste dumping station.
The Campers must use Richmond Agricultural Society facilities/premises, equipment and furnishings provided (such as washroom facilities) in a manner consistent with their intended use. No person shall damage or deface Richmond Agricultural Society property or facilities.
Only areas identified in the registration package, or by a Richmond Agricultural Society representative, are to be used by the Campers. Campers must ensure that all of their personal belongings and property are contained within their vehicle or within the bounds of their designated camping site.
All Campers must keep noise and lighting to a minimum between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m.
Generators may be used only between the hours of 6 a.m. and 11 p.m.
Entry into the Camping area will be controlled by security and is restricted to the Registrant and members of his or her party who have a valid Camping wristband.
Visitors are welcome between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. and may be required to check-in at the entrance and provide identification.
The Richmond Agricultural Society is not responsible for the security of the Campers’ property, including loss or theft. All Campers should ensure that vehicles are locked and that property is secured at all times against unauthorized use, theft or loss.
Use of BBQs and Open Air Fires
Only Gas BBQs are permitted, provided that they are set up a minimum of five meters away from any structure. Charcoal BBQs are not permitted.
Open air fires, outdoor fireplaces and fireworks are not permitted.
Pets are permitted and must be on a leash at all times. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pet.
Only vehicles with a prominently displayed parking pass may park at designated RV and Tent Camping areas.
Trailers are not allowed on tent camping sites.
All sites must be PAID IN FULL prior to arrival date. Once your registration form and payment have been received you will receive a confirmation number for your check in convenience.
Payment MUST be made by E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partial refunds of the registration fee (50% minus a $15 administration fee) will be issued to the Registrant until May 31, 2017, only. No refunds will be issued after May 31, 2017. Refunds will be issued by E-Transfer from email@example.com.
Entrance to the Richmond Fair Camp Grounds is from Huntley Road, Gate #6. Once on site, at the Registration Office you will receive your vehicle pass, wrist bands (for each member of your registered party) along with copy of the weekend schedule in the area and your meal tickets. Wrist bands must be worn at ALL TIMES. It is also your admission to Friday evening event, your Friday and Saturday Continental Breakfast.
The Richmond Fairgrounds are located at the corner of Huntley Road and Perth Street in Richmond. The civic address is 6121 Perth Street. The town of Richmond is easily accessible from highways #416, exit 57 (Brophy Drive) and #417 via Eagleson Road South.
Richmond Agricultural Society
PO Box 1210
6121 Perth St, Richmond, ON
The Registrant acknowledges having carefully read, understood and agreed to the above Terms and Conditions.
Successful registration* for the Richmond Agricultural Society Camping provides the Registrant and members of his or her with the Richmond Agricultural Society permission, to camp in the facilities and remain on-site during the camping period beyond the posted closing time, subject to the Terms and Conditions outlined. The 2017 camping period is either from June 29 to July 4 or from June 30 to July 3, as set out in the Registrant’s rental receipt.
*Successful registration means that the Registrant has made payment in full and has accepted the Terms and Conditions for Camping, online.
For further information contact:
Richmond Agricultural Society